Basic Questions About the Company
- When was the Company founded?
- The Company was founded on July 16, 1965. See “Company Profile － History” on this Website for a history of Company milestones (Japanese).
- When were the Company's shares listed?
- The Company's shares were listed on October 25, 2002.
- How many employees does the Company employ?
- Consolidated: 37,902 (as of March 31, 2020)
- Please describe ALSOK, the corporate brand.
- The name ALSOK is a combination of the words “always,” “security” and “OK,” and expresses the strongest characteristics of Sohgo Security Services Co., Ltd.―swift response times, high mobility and motivation, and commitment to providing security 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The name represents the Company's ability to stand by its customers at all times and to provide the security services needed.
- What are the Company's management philosophies?
- Based on two core principles exemplified by “arigato no kokoro” (a feeling of gratefulness and gratitude) and “bushi no seishin” (a samurai spirit), we devote ourselves to protecting the safety and security of our customers and of society as a whole.
- What approaches and efforts is the Company implementing with regard to corporate social responsibility?
- Based on its clear recognition of society's need for security services, the Company seeks to ensure transparent management and appropriate information disclosure. In addition, it promotes efforts to fulfill its social responsibilities through a wide range of activities intended to benefit the greater society. For more information, see “CSR (Japanese)."
- What business risks does the Company face?
- The Company has identified (1) dependency on sales from a specific business sector, (2) about Electronic Security Services, and (3) about Transportation Security Services as representing risks that could potentially have a significant effect on the decision making of investors. Click here for more information.
Questions About ALSOK's Role in the Security Industry
- What types of operations does ALSOK perform?
- In its core security business, the Company provides Electronic Security Services, Stationed Security Services and Transportation Security Services. Its General Property Management and Fire Protection Services includes building administration and fire protection. Its Long-term Care Services and Other Services includes business such as in-home care services, day services, and information security. Click here (Japanese) for more information.
- How many security companies are there in Japan?
- There are currently 9,908 security companies in Japan. As of December 31, 2019, this number rose by 194 companies from the previous year.
- Please describe Japan's security industry. What are its characteristics?
- There are 9,908 security firms in Japan, although most of them are small-scale operations. Overall, 70% of these companies have less than ¥100 million in annual sales. Currently the main focus of the majority of security companies is on stationed security services and traffic control services, having close business relationships with regional communities.
- What is the Company’s position within Japan’s security industry?
- The Company has the No.2 position in the security industry, and there are only two security companies with net sales of over ¥400 billion. The third-largest company has sales of approximately ¥67 billion, and there is a wide gap between this company and ALSOK in terms of earning power. By service type, our electronic security services are No.2 in the industry, our stationed security services are No.1.
- Where is information on the security industry found?
- Once a year the Community Safety Bureau, National Police Agency of Japan, publishes its Outline of the Security Industry report (Japanese).
- On what date does the Company's fiscal year end?
- The Company's fiscal year ends on March 31.
- When does the Company announce its financial results?
- The Company announces its financial results on a quarterly basis. Ordinarily, annual financial results are announced in early May, while first quarter results are announced in late July, second quarter results in late October, and third quarter results in late January. Detailed schedules for each results announcement are posted under the IR Calendar of the Company's Website.
- I would like to see the past financial results. Where are they available?
- Past financial results are available on the IR Library page of this website. Data for the past five years is available on the Financial Information page of this website.
- Can the content of analyst meetings on financial results be viewed on the Company Website?
- The IR Library of this Website provides an overview of the analyst meeting for financial results and materials used at the meeting.
- Where are trends covering past business results posted?
- Data for the past five years is available on the Financial Information － Consolidated Financial Highlights and Non-Consolidated Financial Highlights pages of this Website. In addition, past materials are posted on the IR Library page.
- I would like to see the Company's annual report. Where are they available?
- From the Fiscal Year Ended March 2015, we have Published "Integrated Report" as substitute for publishing "Annual Report" and "CSR Report"separately. Integrated Report（Annual reports）can be downloaded from the IR Library page.
Questions About the Company's Stock
- On what stock exchange does the Company list its shares?
- The Company lists its shares on the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Who is the share register manager?
- The share register manager is Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited's The Company entrusts the entirety of its share-related operations to Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited.
- Whom should I contact to find out about share-related procedures, including change in name of ownership, address or name change, or change in registered seal?
- Please carry out queries through Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited's Stock Transfer Agency Business Planning Dept.
- Does the Company have a shareholder special benefits plan?
- The Company does not currently have a shareholder special benefits plan.
- Please tell me about recent dividend performance.
- Please see Shareholder Information － Dividends.
- On what date does the Company determine shareholders of record for distribution of dividends?
- March 31 (for payment of interim dividends: September 30)
- What is the minimum trading lot of Company shares?
- The minimum trading lot is 100 shares.
- Who are the analysts that cover ALSOK?
- Please see Analyst Coverage of this Website.
- What is the Company's rating?
- Please see Corporate Bonds and Ratings on this Website.
Top of Investor Relations